Friday, December 18, 2009

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

I get it. Not every one has a smart phone. Or sometimes you are driving/walking/talking/chewing gum/styling your hair/tweezing your eyebrows/giving birth while texting and you want to take a short cut:

u for you

r for are

2 for two or to or too (hello homophones!)

I get it. Been there. Done that. Well - the whole tweezing while texting thing because I don't have kids and I certainly don't drive and text (*ahem*).

Anyways - I'm all for digital shorthand. But you know what pisses me off more than anything?

K.

K is not fucking acceptable. K is lazy, uncouth, and to quote The Kaiser, it's weeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

What is it about O that is so difficult to type? Why can't you take the 2 extra seconds to type one extra letter? Are you afraid of O? Do you have Oprah issues? Overstock issues? Orgasm issues? Did I really just have to go there (sorry mom and dad)?

I'll suffer through the "Imas" and the "Prollys" and the "4s" and whatever other digital shorthand you want to serve up my way.

But please - don't ever tell me "K" because it pisses me off.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK?

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Okay! Okay!

debb said...

Okay!

Ummm...you have quite a few weird anger issues, don't you?

May all those in your circle be fair? fare? fore? all of them? warned.

:)

kyooty said...

seriously? cause it's said up here a lot! as a word Kay?

McMama said...

is it OKAY if I spell out, "kay?" cause I tend to text the way I talk and, well, I say that a lot, kay?

Nenette AM said...

Hey honey, it's a 4-letter word to me! Even on twitter, I will use all 4. How I roll.

dolly said...

It's 6 A.M. up here in Woodstock and I'm howling in laughter reading This!