Thursday, November 26, 2009

One Thing Only

I try not to get too sentimental or sappy on this blog but occasionally I have my moments. This is one of them.

Obviously - with today being Thanksgiving and all - I am reflecting on that which I am grateful for. And while the list is (thankfully) trending towards lengthy these days, there's really only one thing that I would like to publicly acknowledge.

I am thankful for love. I am thankful that I am loved by so many and I am thankful that I have the opportunity, ability and capacity to love so many in return.

This has not been the easiest year for Country Girl. And today in particular is a not-so-easy day for me. So to look at my life and to see all who touch me in so many ways - for that my gratitude knows no bounds.

For those of you who make me laugh (and on occasion snort Coke Zero Cherry and/or beer through my nose); who loan me your shoulder when I need a place to bury my snotty, tear-stained face; who cheer me on during that last, uphill mile; who challenge me to be a better me; who indulge me; who forgive me when I've hurt you...

For those of you who help me without expecting payment in return; who hold my hand when I am afraid to be alone; who tell me the truth even when it's what I don't want to hear; who accept me for who I am - imperfections and all...

For those of you who tolerate my brand of crazy; who inspire me; who stand back and let me shine; who appreciate my extreme level of neuroses; who remind me that things have a way of working themselves out for the best; who see beyond the well-managed exterior and into darker, weaker places...

For those of you who love me and who let me love you in return...you give me all that I need, so Thank You.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Nenette AM said...

I love and am totally grateful for you. I'm so thankful for having met you and look forward to the day we meet. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend.

kyooty said...

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you are enjoying your cooking day.

harmzie said...

Hey. YOU are welcome.

;-)

[soon to be big wet sloppy]*smooches*

Shelly Overlook said...

MWAH!

Karen from Mentor said...

Hugs baby.
The turkey smells good.
:0)