* If you and I have NEVER EVER MET and HAVE ZERO MUTUAL FRIENDS, I don't want to be your friend on Facebook. Seriously - how did you ever find me?
* Just because you and I have 3 or 5 or even 8 mutual friends but we have never met, I don't want to be your friend on Facebook.
* If you come to town to take me to dinner but then get drunk on the Lake and forget to tell me where to meet you, I don't want to be your friend on Facebook.
* If you've "seen me around town" and "know who I am" but your friend request has me scratching my head as in "Who the fuck are you dude," I don't want to be your friend on Facebook.
* If we work together, I don't want to be your friend on Facebook.
* If I already defriended you ONCE, I definitely don't want to be your friend on Facebook.
My problem is not the requests themselves - although some of them do tend to make me wonder. Just because someone wants to be my friend, it doesn't mean I have to accept. But ever since I heard that if you press the ignore button on a friend request that person can still refriend you and then somehow backdoor their way into your Facebook (or so says a friend of mine who happens to have over 1,100 friends on Facebook so I figure she's some kind of authority), I just leave the ones I don't want to be friends with in purgatory. And while this shouldn't be a big deal, I have
So I propose some kind of rule - like if a person doesn't accept your friend request within a month, then
What are your thoughts on random Facebook Friend Requests dear readers??