Monday, August 03, 2009

Things I Think are the Shit (aka My TITS List)

So credit for this post goes to the gorgeously hot-assed and awesometastic Nen because I am totally poaching the idea from her - even though she totally poached the idea from someone else. But that's how we roll in the blogging world - we perpetually steal, poach, recycle & share and it's all good.

Anyways, this is called The TITS List. Urban Dictionary defines "Tits" as "Awesome, amazing, stellar, crazy, unbelievable, awe-inspiring, overwhelming, mind blowing, shocking, majestic, magnificent, impressive, cool, grand, stupefying, wonderful." I decided that TITS is actually an acronym for Things I Think are the Shit. Either way, it's a list of things I am loving right now and/or I am mildly obsessed with. And y'all - it's a loooooong list because holy crap, there's a lot of stuff out there just making me insanely happy!

So in no particular order.....

* My Black Halo dress. It's currently languishing in my closet but dammit, I am going to find an occasion to wear that sucker soon. Even if it means I am severely overdressed the next time I go to the grocery store.

* Becoming a member of the Wine Century Club. Continuing to check varietals off my list daily. Am closing in on 30 and having a blast doing it.

* Any and all wines from Gundlach Bundschu. Finding them in stores is great. Receiving presents in the mail is even greater. (THANK YOU SUSAN - YOU ARE MY HERO AND A ROCKSTAR GODDESS PRINCESS - MWAH!)

* The Saved By The Bell Reunion. Although let's be honest - this whole "Mario Lopez is too busy to really do anything for a year" is total crap. TOTALLY.

* My new Old Navy skinny jeans. Yes - I am closing in on 34 and I can wear skinny jeans. SA-WEET!

* Getting older and getting better.

* Sustainability.

* 100 calorie almond snack packs. So apparently almonds are nature's most perfect food and I think 100 calories are perfect for a snack which makes these the perfect snack.

* Coke Zero Cherry. Am utterly addicted.

* Rediscovering carbs. So yes - still more to come on this subject but to suffice it say, pasta is my friend.

* Training for a half marathon is like, THE GREATEST THING EVER. Seriously, I know I have months to go but I already love how I am feeling. I am feeling strong and together and amazing. I went for a 7-mile run on Saturday (BTW - in front of the ENTIRE group of 65 teenage boys there for football camp - HELLO AUDIENCE!) and I swear I was still high from the endorphins on Saturday night. Could. Not. Stop. Dancing.

* My totally random, totally bad-ass, most-favorite-ever mix on my iPod which no one in the universe but me will love and understand. Seriously - who else groups these randoms together? On utter obsessive replay these days: Gotta Be Somebody (Nickelback), Keeps Getting Better (Christina Aguilera), Radar (Britney Spears), and Work That (Mary J. Blige - BTW all you women out there need to listen to this song and adopt it as your own personal anthem because Holy Hell it's EMPOWERING!)

* Blasting said totally random, totally bad-ass mix in my car while driving and singing out loud and loving every minute of it.

* Alternatively, blasting said totally random, totally bad-ass mix in the house and dancing around and loving every minute of it.

* Julie & Julia: the book, the movie, and the impending dinner party. I am responsible for the gougeres and the salad. I am just hoping that my schizophrenic oven BEHAVES.

* SBUX Strawberry Banana Smoothies (see rediscovering carbs, training).

* Neighbors who let me come over with my little basket and plunder their garden for fresh produce.

* Cooking amazing and awesome dinners with said produce.

* Grease 2

* Random, old episodes, of Designing Women saved on Tivo. I swear y'all - a Designing Women/Grease 2 theme party is totally in the works.

* The word Bitchcakes. [Thanks Nen! For that and for stabby!]

* Enduring friendships. Not that I needed the reminder, but reading The Women from Ames has been inspiring. My 611 Chicks are THE BESTEST EVER and I love y'all so, so much! Ditto my Saucy Boriqua BFF - the only thing good to come out of high school. MWAH darlin'!

* New friends who inspire and amaze me. I am determined to meet all of y'all in person one day. In the meantime, see you on Twitter. Or Facebook...

* Random poetry courtesy of my most literary friend, Sarah Marie.

* Twitter.

* Being Zen. I give full credit to The Messiah's Handbook by Richard Bach.

* Having so many friends who are happy and in love.

* Starting Wednesday, not having to pack, unpack, look at or think about a suitcase for almost 3 weeks. YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!

* Free lipgloss from Sephora for my birthday.

* The gorgeous gold necklace that arrived unexpectedly in the mail from my dear friend Miss Brit (we'll call her that because she lives in London!). Seriously - is it not GORGEOUS?

* Girls Nights In, Girls Nights Out. Whatevs. Hanging with my girls is the greatest!

* Nests at Main Street Grille. Especially with my girl Lilsaej!

* Sitemeter and discovering that 1) I have readers and 2) that they span the globe!

* Readers who comment on my blog. (Feel free to delurk folks...)

* Taking myself to the movies.

* Having REALLY good hair days in the middle of summer.

* Cut, color, & style for $65 from the oh so talented Miss Holly! Oscar who?

* Sparkly metallic eyeshadow from HIP. Platinum 906 (silver) and Gilded 806 (gold) are my absolute faves.

* Really good fortunes in my fortune cookies.

* Wilbur & Gussie handbags.

* Shopping at Trader Joes.

* Things that inspire me.

* Things that empower me.

* Loving my job

* Truly loving my life, knowing how fortunate I am, appreciating every opportunity that is served up my way, and looking forward to an incredibly bright and fantasticredible future.

So darling readers, what's on your TITS List?

And if that's not absolutely Awesome, Amazing, Stellar, Crazy, Unbelievable, Awe-Inspiring, Overwhelming, Mind Blowing, Shocking, Majestic, Magnificent, Impressive, Cool, Grand, Stupefying, and utterly Wonderful, I will TOTALLY kiss your...

8 comments:

AndreAnna said...

I loved this list! I need to be a member of a wine club or something!!

Thanks for the shout-out - we better meet before I move away!! (Which, don't worry, isn't for another year or so)

I say we have a big drunk-cook/bake-out and see what we come up with!

Shelly Overlook said...

Just reading your list makes me happy. Nice way to start a Monday, thanks!

harmzie said...

This is a delicious list! I'm inspired to make my own as well. I actually was when Nen made hers, but this is a great shot in the arm! ;-)

Thanks also. And smooches back! I agree with AndreAnna on the drunk-cook-bake-thing, b/c I need to be a judge or at least an observer.

Going to work on my list...

Karen from Mentor said...

Yeah for an inspiring Monday.

[hugs you and runs off to play with deer in the woods]

:0)

Country Girl said...

Yes ladies - all for the drunk cook-bake-thing. And of course we will live-tweet and live-blog the entire thing and everyone will want to be hanging with the cool kids...

MWAH to my girls! xoxo

debb said...

Loved the list. Thanx for sharing.

kyooty said...

this week while it's fresh in my mind?
island pizza, the island, boys that want to swim, boys that listen better in the water then on land, boys that are outside, tankinis! what an invention!

Nenette AM said...

AWESOME TITS, my friend!!! :) LOL
Thanks for all the love and thanks and friendship and xoxoxo!
You are so welcome for 'bitchcakes' and 'stabby'.

I'm so glad you did this list. Fun, isn't it?!