Anyways, while occasionally I can be sappy and sentimental, I don't think I do it often enough and even though we are heading into July 4th a.k.a. Independence Day and NOT Thanksgiving, I am going to end the week with a list of things I am currently grateful for. (See - here's where my inner monologue wants to write "Bite me" to all of you who are making a nasty crack about me getting my holidays mixed up and I am gently trying to tell my inner monologue that our readers aren't like that and she doesn't need to be so defensive all the time.***)
This list is in no particular order and I am sure it's not complete but know that I am utterly grateful for all of these things, for one reason or another.
* Really good customer service: It seems like I've been on the phone with customer service departments of varying ilks ALOT recently and OMG, wouldn't you know it, they've all been AWESOME. Even when I have been on the verge of a near meltdown (apologies to Bradley at Charter - Michael showed up 1 minutes after I hung up the phone after I completely freaked out on you) - they have held my hand and talked me off the ledge and we've come to peaceful and successful resolutions on all issues. Hard to believe - right?
* I've been in home improvement mode and so recently I've been a frequent visitor to our local Lowes. I can't say enough good things about this store and about the staff in particular. Felix in the Paint Department was especially helpful (No - I didn't know that all trim should be semi-gloss) and don't even get me started on Wylie & friends in the Key and Lock section. I heart those dudes so much, I'm getting misty-eyed just writing about them.
* My knee seems to be on the mend (she writes while knocking on wood). It's slowly but surely scabbing over (although it still gets oozy during the day if I move around too much) and knock on wood again (and again), it appears to not be infected which is a huge relief because when you have a giant, gaping wound and live on a farm, infection feels inevitable. In fact, my knee seems to be doing so much better that I might even go for a run this weekend because I haven't exercised in over a week and either my head might explode or my ass is going to take over the rest of my body but either way, I need to do something about it.
* After a never ending stream of automotive issues which left me frazzled, stressed, and HOT (I don't think I even mentioned having to go back to Wallace to have a wheel bearing replaced), my car seems to be surviving. Again, I am knocking on wood, throwing salt over my left shoulder and doing whatever else I can not to tempt the fates. And I mean really - I'm not being all braggy about this. I am simply expressing GRATITUDE. So please fates, don't take that the wrong way and punish me.
* So this might seem lame in comparison, but I finally found a new source for my special toilet paper (The Charmain Plus - with lotion, cuz I have a sensitive tushi). It seems that the local grocery stores and Wal-Mart are in rotation on who carries it at any given time and I finally rediscovered it at the Food Lion up the road. The Food Lion incidentally which I hate but I guess I can't hate them anymore since they have the goods.
* So seriously, since I wrote about my insane levels of road rage (and many of y'all wrote back that you were exactly the same way and hence I wasn't crazy), I have been Calm Caitlin behind the wheel. Seriously. I think one or two expletives may have escaped on occasion, but it appears that
* My friends are angels on Earth and I can not even begin to express the depth of my gratitude for a number of people who in various ways, shapes and forms have been there for me in ways that are unexpected and utterly overwhelming. I know that friendship is not tit for tat - and that I don't owe anybody anything. But I am extremely conscious of how much has been given to me in the last few months, and I intend to pay it forward.
So Happy Thanksgiving AND Happy Independence Day folks (see - I'm giving you TWO reasons to celebrate - how awesome am I?)! Enjoy the long weekend and I'll see you Sunday with My Week In Tweets.
* My genius new word combining Twitter + Bitch. Brilliant - right?
** Twitter + rant since I typically foist all of my excess, negative energy out into the Twitterverse.
***BTW, at this point you must be wondering if I have a split personality. I don't. I assure you. Not that there's anything wrong with that...