Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dirty Poetry, Sexy Quotes and 80s Videos With Muppets

So I am not here right now. No I am not. I am at the beach for a conference for work (you know - the people who PAY me) and I am pretty certain I will have absolutely no time to devote to my beloved little blog which means I am writing this on TUESDAY and scheduling it for THURSDAY because it's been an epic week at ITAC with shout outs from Childress and guest posts at Miscellaneous Yammering and all sorts of new traffic and Holy Hell y'all - I have readers. And so I Do. Not. Want. To. Disappoint.

So this is kind of a random Grab Bag Thursday because I've already written like 2 other posts and my brain is dead and I really want to write a letter to my car but I am too tired so I am totally stealing from other people's blogs.

I have an awesome friend who has an awesome blog but we don't speak about it publicly and we don't acknowledge said friend or said friend's blog by name because said friend once had a public blog and it kind of lead to trouble so now said friend blogs privately and like me and 3 other people know about it and that's how said friend wants it so don't even ask because I am not telling. Anyways, said friend has a literary streak and more than occasionally awesome poetry gets posted and I really do love poetry but I don't seek it out or anything but I love it and said friend really has awesome taste in poetry and it's always a thrill to discover something new on the blog. Like this kinda-sorta-quasi dirty poem by ee cummings:

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh ... And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new

-- ee cummings


Y'all? I totally love this. Really. It's awesome. And it kind of makes me want to write kinda-sorta-quasi dirty poetry too. Only - I don't really have time.

You know what else said friend recently posted? This awesome quote from "The Dying Animal" by Phillip Roth:

"Because only when you fuck is everything that you dislike in life and everything by which you are defeated in life purely, if momentarily, revenged. Only then are you most cleanly alive and most cleanly yourself. It's not the sex that's the corruption - it's the rest. Sex isn't just friction and shallow fun. Sex is also the revenge on death."

Sex is also the revenge on death? GENIUS. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Clearly I need to start reading Phillip Roth.

And lest you think my mind is in the gutter or something, here is an excerpt from My House by Nikki Giovanni that I also fell in love with:

i mean it's my house
and i want to fry pork chops
and bake sweet potatoes
and call them yams
cause i run the kitchen
and i can stand the heat


I want to bake sweet potatoes and call them yams? Woman is genius. I am telling you. Genius.

Oh - and in the spirit of this totally slapdash, arbitrary Thursday post, I'd like to introduce you to Naughty Train Cats. They are awesome. They are funny as hell. And they just released a new video starring Muppet-puppets. And Alicat. And Alicat's cutie-pie BF. And you will watch this and think it's 1984. And it's 5 minutes and 3 seconds that you will totally thank me for. So seriously? What are you waiting for? Go watch it NOW!

So yeah. I think this has been the most random Thursday ever. Dirty poetry and Muppet-puppets. Awesome.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

PS I just realized that I use the word awesome an insane amount. I might need a new word.

PPS This might be my most intellectual post ever. Despite the presence of Muppet-puppets.

5 comments:

Shelly Overlook said...

I'm not a huge poetry fan, but I discovered Nikki Giovanni in college and love her!

mdvelazquez said...

I have to disagree. That is not "quasi dirty" poem by ee cummings it is a DIRTY poem and I love it. ;-)

Have a great day.

Maria

debb said...

I was not going to comment at all today, then I saw the word verification of....................
backfat.

Hello? Is this merely an odd coincidence or a message from the universe? Not sure. Not sure if I am going to explore it further or not.

BTW...loved the dirty poems.

Frank Marcopolos said...

randomly cool

jona said...

South America needs more 'North Americans', just like you. I am enjoying your blogs and watching the magic of a few bean-stalk seeds tossed out the window in a fit; Grow to the sky!!!