Sunday, June 14, 2009

You Say You Want a Revolution (And a Scoop of Rocky Road)

The Battle of Ramsour's Mill is actually a pretty big deal. It was a critical battle, a turning point in the Revolutionary War, and frankly, I don't have the mental energy to write about it in grand detail. But I did attend Sunday's re-enactment and took oodles of pictures so that should make up for my laziness lack of time to properly devote to the subject.





























I was going to ask what your favorite war is but that's just too depressing. So instead, what's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I know - random - right?

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

5 comments:

harmzie said...

Chocolate. Just plain chocolate. No chunks of crap, no streaks of nothing.

(Oh, I'll choke down other kinds of ice-cream, because hey, it's ice-cream. But you asked for favourite!)

Nice pics.

kyooty said...

mmmmmmmm ice cream, I really like all ice cream, but my favorites are Ben and Jerry's with the chunks of whatever in there.

Shelly Overlook said...

Coconut, but it's hard to find a good coconut ice cream. Thankfully we live in a Cincy reknown for its ice cream and they blessedly have a season coconut that is to die for.

AndreAnna said...

So if I were at this recreation and I say, ran out with a giant Crocodile Dundee size machete, and yelled "I'm gonna shank all ye Yankee bitches!", I wouldn't get ice cream?

Karen from Mentor said...

If Breyers chocolate is unavailable...

blueberry will substitute