Tuesday, June 02, 2009

One Of Those Days

Today was one of those days. One of those days where you don't want to get out of bed and when you finally do, all you want to do is go back to bed, crawl under the covers and hide til tomorrow. One of those days where no matter what you do, who you talk to, or where you go, you can't shake that perma-oog feeling that is stuck to you like glue. One of those days where no matter how much Diet Coke you slug, you still feel like a slug. One of those days where you are bombarded by arrogance and stupidity and laziness and you scratch your head and say: Holy fuck people - how do you get by on a day to day basis? One of those days where you just wish it was "over already" and oh yeah, by the way "could you please hurry the hell up and get to tomorrow." It was one of those days.

It was one of those days until...

...until I realized that I have the best big brother in the whole entire world and NO you can't have him because he's mine. All mine.

...until I met my friend Jen for a beer in Charlotte after my (actually pretty awesome) workshop on Search Engine Optimization and Internet Marketing. Because I forgot what it was like to linger after work on a random Tuesday and have a beer and nice conversation with a good friend.

...until I got home and discovered a copy of The Girls From Ames: A Story of Women & A Forty-Year Friendship waiting for me, courtesy of one of my all time best friends SWCR. No offense to the Girls from Ames, but they have nothing on me and my 611 chicks.

...until I got home and found a letter from my dear, dear friend @4thparrott with pictures from our recent girls weekend on Sullivan's Island (where I spent 3 nights in the bed of a a publicly elected official - but that's a totally different story for a totally different blog post).

...until I read an unexpected email from a mentor and a friend, offering me support and advice during a stressful time. I was moved to tears. Happy tears.

So yes. It was one of *those* days. And I don't think I would have done it any differently. Except - I wouldn't have had to listen to Kenny Chesney's "We Went Out Last Night" 3 times in less than 2 hours on Kat Kountry. Because that kind of sucked.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

4 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Those are my favorite kinds of Tuesdays.

musingwoman said...

Friends and family make it all worthwhile.

harmzie said...

That sounds like an awesome day. I need one of those days. I've got the first part nailed.

kyooty said...

I think there are a lot of days like that, it's all in how you take what the day hands you. Doing it in pjs of course would be way more awesome!