Wednesday, June 03, 2009

My Very First Blog Award

Oh you like me. You really, really like me. And I don't even know where to begin. I'd like to thank my parents of course. And my husband. And God. And the fans. Yes - the fans. Without you all this wouldn't be possible. And Simon and Randy and Paula...and Oh wait. This isn't American Idol. Sorry. Wrong acceptance speech.

Lame-ass attempt at humor aside (it's tough when your dad is the king of hilarious FB status updates an hysterical tweeter so flat out effing funny) I am the extremely lucky recipient of sweet bloggy love from my awesome friend Nenette over at Life Candy. As this is my first ever official blogging award (not to discount being included in Harmzie's Crackiest of the Crack but that wasn't really an official award, more like good old fashioned blogosphere lovin') I am practically busting at the seams with utter pride and delight. Mainly because up until about 2 months ago I think the only people actually reading my blog were related to me by blood. So to receive acknowledgement from a totally babelicious, bad-ass blogger like Nenette is really gratifying.

Here are the rules to receiving the "One Lovely Blog Award" award:

1: Accept the award (Dude - no problem. I totally accept.), post it on your blog (I might not post anything else for a week 'cuz I am so excited) together with the name of the person who has granted the award (the utterly gorgeous Nenette), and his or her blog link: go visit Nenette NOW!.

2: Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.

3: Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

So while I have been blogging for nearly 3 years (WOW!), I have only been reading other blogs for about 2 months so while some of these might not be new to you (in fact, some of these definitely qualify as *alpha* bloggers) they are totally new to me (and therefore qualify for this award) and I love them all and you should subscribe to every single one via RSS (like I do).

Listed alphabetically:

1. All & Sundry
2. Attack of the Redneck Mommy
3. BLOGSCHU
4. Cheaper Than Therapy
5. Diary of a Modern Matriarch
6. Harmzie’s Way
7. In Three Words
8. Kyooty Center
9. Nothing But Bonfires
10. Rude Cactus
11. Scenic Overlook
12. So The Fish Said
13. Sweet and Sour
14. The Bloggess
15. Whiskey in My Sippy Cup

Thanks again to Nenette for the love. And thanks to all you bloggers who keep me inspired and make me want to be a better blogger. *Sniff.*

And if that ain't sentimental, sappy country, I'll kiss your...

PS So I totally realize this might seem eerily similar to my May 5th post But it's totally not. Because that post talked about Canada. And Mounties. And didn't have any awards. And this post is totally about awards. And makes no references to Canada. Or Mounties.

PPS If you really feel like busting my chops for the fact that my blog love hasn't really grown much in 4 weeks, I am currently taking suggestions on other awesome blogs to follow. Especially now that I (sorta) got Google Reader working. However, because there's only one of me, 20+ RSS feeds (and counting), 24 hours in a day and a little thing called a job, please limit your suggestions to no more than 1 per commenter. So make it count people. Make it count.

6 comments:

Karen from Mentor said...

Hey Country Girl...enjoyed the Sally Field reference quite a bit...Congrats on the Award!
I LOVED having Beth over to visit today. She is awesome..(to get her to visit you could try getting her all lickered up)
I'll be back because I'm looking forward to checking out all of your blog recommendations.
Karen :)

harmzie said...

Wow. Congratulations - you totally deserve this honour & more. I'd like to say that *I* started reading you about 3 months ago! So I'm like family, right? (except that I just checked and it was about a month and a half ago. D'oh. Always the one catching up with the cool kids)

On the second part: Thanks babe! I guess I need to figure out how to do something with this! (D'oh, again)

Shelly Overlook said...

Thank you and congrats to you on your well deserved honor. I think I've read you off and on for at least a year and you are every bit as enjoyable as your father, plus with goats so that's a total bonus!

AndreAnna said...

Thanks!! I'm touched!

I love this blog. Where else can you get snippets of NYC and vet scenes right out of Baby Boom?

And where else can I reference someone's ass and it be literal?

kyooty said...

It was your Mountie Post that brought me here and I stayed. congratulations!!! :)

musingwoman said...

Thanks so much! I'll post this on my awards page soon. :)