Friday, May 29, 2009

Tales from the Archives

So I totally just now (almost 3 years later) discovered how to schedule a post on Blogger. And it totally happened by accident. See I have been writing 3 or 4 posts at a time and stockpiling them. And I usually set the post date and time to roughly when I think I will actually publish the post, but then the day I am set to publish I go into Blogger and re-read the post and make any last minute edits or tweaks and then I adjust the post time and I then I publish real time. Well, the other day I forgot to adjust the time (which was set for a few hours ahead of what time it actually was), and when I hit publish I had a totally new experience. It didn't say: Successfully published - view Blog in a new window. It went back to my List of Posts where the post in question read: scheduled. Holy shit y'all - I didn't know I could do that! It was like a major light-bulb-over-the-head-come-to-Jesus blogging epiphany.

So I am writing this on Thursday because around this time tomorrow I will be looking for parking marveling at all the idiots standing in the security line happily sipping Starbucks while waiting for my flight to take off for NY. That's right...I am headed home for a long overdue visit with my folks and some much needed picture taking. When I was on Dad's Blog Tour, I was totally going to post a photo and I was horrified to discover that there appears to be no pictures of me with either of my parents since my wedding 6+ years ago. WTF?

Anyways, while I have a short list of things I keep meaning to write about (including some meaty recipes for all you carnivores out there), I don't quite have time and so I decided to scroll back through the archives and pull some of my favorite posts. I hope my new readers enjoy these tales from the past and I hope my old readers enjoy this stroll down memory lane:

In case you are wondering how I actually wound up in Lincolnton in the first place.

Goat Drama 2006.

A little local culture.

An old school morning on the farm.

Goat Drama 2007.

I don't know why I am sharing this because it was totally embarrassing. Totally.

Meet my donkey.

Goat Drama 2008.

So yes - you can see we have had our fair share of Goat Drama over the years. It goes with the territory.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

PS So I thought I was being all slick and what not by posting links to old posts and not actually writing anything. Hi - just looked at the clock and my supposed insta-post has taken more than 30 minutes to craft.

PPS I am totally going to pre-publish/schedule. Hope this works.

2 comments:

harmzie said...

Thanks for posting the favourites. As a new reader, I've been trying to go back & get caught up, but DUDE! You have written a LOT! I think - just by scanning - I got through 2006.

I'll stroll through these examples with a little more thourousity. That should (hopefully) ease my CG withdrawal issues! Enjoy your hiatus (and parents!) :-)

kyooty said...

As with harmzie I've also been trying to catch up here, and failing, so tonight is the night, even if my Rogers tells me I'm at my 100%usage for the damn month! :)