Saturday, May 23, 2009

One Bad Ass Cat

Warning: this post contains pictures of one really sweet cat along with the dead bodies of some mice that he killed. Not for the faint of heart. Or weak of stomach. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I think it's been a while since I have posted pictures of Tony. So here:





Do you see his sweet face? His soft, scratchable belly? Do you see his loving eyes which are just begging: "Mama - pet me please. Scratch my ears. Love me Mama because I am the sweetest kitty ever." Do you see ALL OF THIS?

Well - it's all an act. Ok. Not really. Tony is still sweet as all get out. But he is also a carnivorous-ravenous-murderer who stalks prey outside, kills it, eats it, and then leaves a trail of dead bodies in the yard for us to discover. It's like an Easter egg hunt. Only bloodier. And gorier. And there's no candy involved. Ok - so it's like a bloody, gory, candy-free Easter egg hunt.

This was what I saw when I get home from Greensboro yesterday and was unloading the epic amounts of crap out of my car:



And at first I am like: That's totally gross. Then I am like: Where's my camera because I so need to take a picture and post about it. And then I see Tony (looking all cute and innocent) and I am like: Dude. You killed a mouse. And I was kind of proud.

Then as I was continuing to unload my car (despite being in Greensboro for less than 24 hours I had 4 bags and 2 boxes to contend with) I stumbled upon this:



He (or she?) was lying about 3 feet away from the first dead mouse body. And when I saw body #2 I was like: TONY! You are a BAD ASS. And then I was like: Please stop leaving me "presents" in the yard because even though I am a Country Girl, there's only so many dead animal carcasses I can handle in a day.

And y'all - 2 dead mice are nothing compared to what Tony killed last week. Apparently, my sweet little angel killed a bunny rabbit and left the remains by the garden hose. I don't know how I missed it but Marty went to show it to me when we got home last Friday night and all that was left were some tufts of bunny fur. Another animal had already come and dragged off the remains.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

5 comments:

Nenette AM said...

Ah, yes, they do love leaving presents for Mommy, don't they?
Nice fly on that one carcass.

Roomie and I have had cats in the past, and we're looking forward to finding more presents now that we have Mittens. :)

AndreAnna said...

I have a 22-lb Maine Coon - probably the laziest mofo cat next to a rag doll. He literally lies around and lets my children dress him up and lie on him.

I didn't think he had it in him when I walked down the basement steps to find a beheaded mouse carcass.

Um, thanks Cronus?

harmzie said...

Don't be too hard on Tony. With a name like "Tony", it's only business. He's sending a message to the Mouse Family, not to cross into his turf. It's to your benefit!

Excellent fly-placement. The extra-barberosity just adds to the message from Tony.

kyooty said...

Go Tony! you Rock, keeping the house Safe! keeping the critters out of the house, good job! My cat is an indoor cat and she lives on my bed and I think after 13yrs she's unmouseable but her shit do stink and that seems to help keep the critter factor out here in the woods way down. :)
Or maybe it's the fox that's eating all the critters, the voles and gophers though are killing my lawn, not a level area out there! mowing is like a slalom course.

musingwoman said...

Scrolling quickly past the dead mice to comment and say hello! Harmzie sent me your way. :)