Thursday, May 21, 2009

An Ode to Irony

So I was all set to write about the genius and wonder and amazingness of inspiration boards...but honestly...I am a little under-inspired! For serious. And I realized that this month alone I have posted every day except 2 (when I was essentially on vacation) and so I am giving myself a day off. Of course, by writing this little ode to irony I am effectively posting which means the streak continues and it's possible that I will be able to took back on June 1 and say: Holy Shit - I posted EVERY day in May except 2. Damn I'm good. Or not. Because who knows what will happen between now and then.

My lazy-ass post aside, comments are open. I am especially interested in hearing you from you fellow blogging gods and goddesses on how often you post and how you maintain your discipline.

For me personally, 2009 has clearly been some kind of turning point. I posted 64 times in 2006 (although I didn't start blogging until July), 112 times in 2007 and 113 times in 2008. That's basically once every 3 days. This year I have already posted 88 times in 141 days (including this post) - which equals a post every 1.6 days and which is already nearly 77% of my average annual total even though we aren't even halfway through the year. Apparently, I either have a lot more to say, I have a lot more discipline, or I am alot more inspired!

Of course, the toughest thing is that because I have lived here for 3 years and because the things that used to seem odd and bizarre are no longer odd and bizarre and are basically an everyday fact of life, it's getting tougher to end posts the old fashioned way...which means I am either going to make a lot of references to grabbing Bojangles for breakfast (which I have already done twice even though both times I had no intention of getting Bojangles. Wait - is that some kind of blogging blasphemy? Or biscuit blasphemy?). Or I am going to have to rethink the whole tag line thing.

And I guess while I am thinking about it, I might as well get a biscuit for breakfast...

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

UPDATE: Apparently, I just learned that one is NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER supposed to blog about blogging. WHOOPS! So I guess I need to get my Blogging for Dummies manual out and brush up. I just hope my blogging consigliere doesn't disown me...

5 comments:

kyooty said...

I've totally noticed an increase in my postings, mostly because i'm also reading more blogs and it feels much more like converstations?

kyooty said...

K why?

harmzie said...

I thought one was supposed to blog about their life, what inspires them, or whatever their schtick is.

If blogging is part of your life, and/or it inspires you (in some twisted way) then who says you are not to blog about it?

I have a post I've been struggling with for weeks that's about blogging. If I ultimately decide to scrap it, it won't be because it's about blogging. My second idea? That's still just an idea? Is about blogging. If what you're saying is true, I'm going to need to see the reference in the by-laws.

MY biggest problem is that I haven't figured out what my schtick is. So far, it's mostly leaving essay-style comments. Ask anyone. "Harmzie? Oh yeah. She's the one who never updates her blog, but leaves whole blog posts in my comments!"

debb said...

I had no idea you could not blog about blogging. This is weird.

I just erased a lot of older blogs because it is getting around the family that I have a blog and quite frankly it was whining about them.

I am getting ready to leave town on Saturday. It seems that I blog a lot more when I am at my mom's in Arkansas. Road Trip!!!!! Let's stock up on those sunflower seeds. And if that ain't redneck I'll kiss your........ To borrow someone's tag line. :)

moriarty said...

while you are thinking about biscuits and blogging and country type things, i think you should blog about livermush and how magical it is. you know, you can't get livermush just anywhere.