Friday, May 08, 2009

Mad Libs and Martinis

Where would we be without Facebook? Really? I mean, if Sarah Marie and I hadn't had a public coversation wall-to-wall about what we were going to do for 3 hours while waiting for Isaac, and if Sarah Marie hadn't (facetiously?) suggested Mad Libs and then if I hadn't bitched that I couldn't find Mad Libs because apparently I live in a Mad Libless town and if Karen hadn't read the whole thing and chimed in that she actually had Mad Libs and then if Karen hadn't suggested an evening of Mad Libs and Martinis...well, let's just say I'd be feeling a whole lot better this morning.

It was my intention to write a clever post like:

Last night, 3 (adjective) women (verb)ed many (adjective) (noun)s and verb(ed) some (adjective) (noun)s.

i.e. a Mad Lib. But frankly my brain is semi-mushy and it took me 10 minutes to write the opening paragraph because I kept forgetting basic words like "the" and "a" and I don't have the mental energy to crank out anything clever today.

Speaking of clever - there is no better hostess than Karen. Really. She was so organized - sending us a menu (both martinis and food) in advance and even asking if we prefer vodka or gin. Look what was set up when we arrived?





And if you are wondering where the vodka is? IN THE FREEZER - 'natch. No flies on Karen. Karen even had leis for (for after our first blue bikini martini)and little boxes of pens and party favors and AN AWESOME HUBBY WHO DROVE US HOME IN HIS MINI-MONSTER TRUCK so that we could have a completely good time. And we did. Have a completely good time that is. And I think if you do the math between "had a completely good time" and "semi-mushy brain" you can figure it out yourselves.

And honestly, I was all set to post some photos because we all looked super cute and we were all smiles and laughs and blue tongued but after reviewing my photos this morning I have concluded that:

1) I don't think it's ever wise to publish a photo of yourself where someone might suggest that you resemble Paula Abdul.

and

2) I don't think it's ever wise to publish a photo of yourself where someone might ask you if you are pregnant when you definitely aren't but said photo suggests otherwise.

Sarah Marie might have some good ones on her camera and if she gets her ass out of bed before noon and downloads them and sends them to me, I might come back and add one.

Now excuse me. I have to go stick my head in the freezer for 10 minutes and then I am off to Bojangles because I need me a chicken biscuit.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

ps I am not responsible for any typos or grammatical errors in this post. Frankly, I am lucky I could write at all.

2 comments:

harmzie said...

Impressive. When I can't write anything clever, I *actually* can't write anything clever.

Could you do me a favour & rewrite this "clever" so that I will know to just shrivel up & go away?

Or better: just keep producing this "non-clever" stuff.

And now I think I'm going to go plan a Mad-Libs & Martinis party. (But it has to happen AFTER the wine festival this weekend...)

kyooty said...

Sounds like a great night out to me. :)