* More P!nk. Initially could not commit to a full album download but downloaded Sober (because it was popular), Please Don't Leave Me (ditto on the popular thing), U + UR Hand (on the recommendation of @lilsaej) and Trouble (ditto on the @lilsaej recommendation). Liked them all more than a little bit.
* Kate Voegele. Had no idea who she was but she was listed on the Pop home page and I think people who downloaded Kate also like Kelly Clarkson and/or Katy Perry so I tried 2 singles: Angel and 99 Times to get started. Two very user friendly Pop Princess songs.
* Boom Boom Pow by Black Eyed Peas. This was strictly the result of hearing it 800 times on the radio and it being totally addictive.
* Poker Face by Lady GaGa. So yes - clearly I got over her cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs crazy get-up on Idol and am now kind of in love with her. Supposedly the entire album is good but for now I am sticking with Poker Face.
* Womanizer by Britney. Yes - I know I said I could never bring myself to download Britney. And by never apparently I meant a month or so because that's how long it took me to get over my anti-Britney sentiment. And it was only because I heard this song on the radio and it's another utterly addictive song. And so Britney can't really sing. I mean I am pretty sure what I am hearing is not her actual voice. And it's more talking the singing. But I still love the song. And it's great to work out to too.
* I am absolutely obsessed with Kristy, Are You Doing Ok by the Offspring. So technically this is not pop - it's alternative - but they were playing it on the same radio station that plays Britney, Lady GaGa, P!nk and that's how it found its way onto my iPod.
* I downloaded No Surprise by Daughtry on a whim. I think it was his new single and I like some of his other stuff. Ok - so I am glad I did because I love this song. Although for the record - he's got such a great voice, there's not really a need to produce him quite so much. Just sayin'...
* I was not so lucky with The Lovers are Leaving by Keane. I think the problem with Keane is that NOTHING will ever be as good as Hopes and Fears. That album kicked ass.
* I must have been
* I finally committed to P!nk and downloaded the rest of Funhouse. And I am so glad I did although you can totally tell she was going through her break-up with Carey Hart when she was making this because 95% of the songs are ridiculously tortured. (So ps I totally just wrote Corey Hart at first and then I'm like wait a minute - I don't think P!nk married the Sunglasses at Night dude and I had to Google "P!nk husband" because clearly my knowledge of pop culture sucks these days. At least I didn't write Corey Haim.)
* I recently added Viva La Vida by Coldplay. I think because it had seeped into my subconscious after hearing it on the radio a lot. And I like it...I do...but I am not sure this is a song I permanently need in my collection. I feel like my love of this song will quickly pass and I'll be ready to move on.
* So going from singles to album was such a success with P!nk, that when Kate Voegele's full album was released last week, I downloaded the whole thing. Um yeah. Jury is still out but so far, have not really liked any of the songs other than the ones that I already had. Sometimes that happens.
* So thank you 95.1 for totally pimping as-yet-unknown Kristiana DeBarge and her awesome single Goodbye. It's much appreciated.
So you can see my iPod has undergone a serious overhaul in the last few weeks. And it's been fun and interesting. And I have some seriously kickass tunes to work-out to. My biggest problem is that I have a 6GB iPod Mini from 2005 and it only holds so many songs so for every song I add, something must come off because I am AT CAPACITY and I think I probably need to suck it up and buy a new iPod that can hold 50 million songs and videos and movies and whatnot. Or just wait til my birthday (hint hint). Which incidentally - I got my Mini when I turned 30 and I will be so sad to retire it because we had it engraved and it says: SRP Thirty & Fabulous. I guess I can be 34 and Fabulous too.
So little lambs: what are you listening to these days?
Oh...and lest you think I have gone completely UNCOUNTRY you...in the midst of all this Pop Madness, I still managed to continue my totally tortured love affair with Toby Keith (so yes...I like Tony Keith. There. I said it. Get over it and let's move on.) and downloaded Lost You Anyway. I might be the only person who's got Toby Keith sandwiched between Daughtry and Katy Perry on her playlist.
And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...