Monday, April 06, 2009

In Celebration of Chrispy

I feel compelled to take a break from my regular blogging duties to celebrate the life of an extraordinary woman, Chris Mathna a.k.a Chrispy.

Chrispy was one of those people who simply radiated. She radiated light. She radiated warmth. She radiated goodness. She radiated strength. She was soulful and compassionate and tough and nurturing and bright and quirky and smart and intuitive and colorful and inspiring. You might think it's impossible for one woman to be so many things...but Chrispy - well Chrispy was all of those things and more.

For me personally, she was a friend and a summertime mom and a mentor. She touched me profoundly at a complicated time in my life (read: adolescence) when I needed guidance, when I needed encouragement, when I needed hope.

Although I hadn't spoken to Chrispy in years, I never forgot her, I never forgot the impact she had on my life, and I never, ever stopped loving her. She holds a special place in my heart to this day...and always will.

And I am not the only one. For a small glimpse into how she impacted lives, read her online Legacy Guest Book.

I thought about starting out this post talking about loss, but then I realized that wasn't Chrispy's style. So rather than mourn, I choose to celebrate the life of an amazing soul and a wonderful woman.

Here's to you Chrispy. Here's to you...

0 comments: