Monday, April 20, 2009

And The Winner Is...

Ok...a BIG mea culpa on my part. Clearly I need to learn how to run a contest better. I had a suspicion it was a little complicated and my blogging consigliere said that while it wasn't complicated, it was a little time consuming. All I was trying to do was to get folks to take a little time to read some of dad's writing...and mine. Maybe It was a little too much. However, a few folks did play along...and did rather well and as such, will be duly rewarded.

First, the questions and answers.

MWK QUESTIONS

Q:In Bloodthirsty, where is the first body found?
A: In trash can in The Hollywood Hills.

Q: In Flipping Out, according to Lomax, who is the 8th circle of Hell reserved for?
A: "The eighth circle is for those who knowingly commit evil deeds. That includes panderers, false prophets, sowers of discord, and the way I see it, building contractors who take your money, don’t do the work, and never return your phone calls."

Q: In The Rabbit Factory, how does Terry Biggs meet his 4th wife, Marilyn?
A: When she shows up in the parking lot of Ralph’s on Robertson and treats the broken ankle he received while foiling a robbery...and then proceeds to accidentally dump him out of the back of the ambulance.

Q: What annual tradition did Dad begin when he was 16 years old?
A: Writing an annual letter to himself on New Years Eve.

Q: What did Dad want to become when he began studying at Rutgers?
A: A Dentist.

SRP QUESTIONS

Q: What did I wear to Monster Truck Jam?
A: Denim, Dolces and Diamonds

Q: Name 3 songs downloaded to my iPod since I began my love affair with country music.
A: Before He Cheats (Carrie Underwood), Better As a Memory Than As Your Man (Kenny Chesney), As Good As I Once Was (Toby Keith) among 100 others.

Q:Where was I when Nugget was born in April 2007?
A: Olde Time Pottery, Myrtle Beach

Q: During my first month in Lincolnton, I had a hard time finding what?
A: Iced decaf.

Q: What was I drinking the other week when Duke beat Texas?
A: 2005 Gundlach Bundschu Rhinefarm Vineyard Pinot Noir

As for the winners, Jody Dixon is the latest person to win a free copy of Flipping Out on the Blog Tour. And for everyone else who played, cookies will be coming your way! Your efforts alone warrant a lot more than a "Best of The Dollar Store Gift Basket." Really.

Now stay tuned tomorrow for a very special dual post from me and dad where you will get to know us both alot better. Although truthfully, don't you feel like you know me pretty darn well after reading about my involvement castrating Buster and Prisey?

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

1 comments:

Karen from Mentor said...

heh, heh you said "consigliere"