Monday, March 02, 2009

If That Ain't Country: Snow Photo Chronicles I

So of course, the first thing I do whenever it snows is I get up, I go outside and I take a lot of pictures. I am sure by now you are all sick of my snow-covered barn, but it's always so peaceful and tranquil and idyllic looking that I can't NOT take the picture. Plus, this was a serious snow (you will find out shortly just how serious) that dumped close to 7 inches and so everything was even more wintry wonderland than usual.

Our snow-covered barn - again...


The pasture. And notice, for the record, how much BETTER the view is now that that awful oak tree is gone.


Our snow-covered garage/storage and a relatively peaceful looking yard.


Beautiful, fluffy looking trees...although I fear limbs may break, fall and do (serious?) damage under the weight of so much snow.


Lucky is the first to greet me when I head into the pasture.


Peanut pokes his head out from behind the barn.


The back side of the pasture.


The kids eat some alfalfa for breakfast. It helps keep them warm.


My Dixie Chicken.


The other thing I always want to do when it snows is tell everyone about my Chicken Meatball Stroganoff recipe and the whole snow-related story behind that. Apparently, I already did that last year when it snowed so click on the link if you forgot or haven't read it yet. I swear for anyone who is within 10 feet of snow, this is the best thing to cook...EVER. And I am not just saying that because it's my recipe.

So this is the peaceful side of a snow day. Everything is white. And pristine. And calm. And clean. No muddy footprints. No melted slush. No dirty tire tracks. It's rather lovely don't you think?

Well...later, I will show you the other side of snow.

And for the record, when Marty and I stopped off at the FABULOUS new Ingles off of 321 yesterday en route home to pick up some groceries for dinner and some essentials (like wine), the very first person I saw walking out of the store was carrying...yes...you guessed it...milk, bread, and eggs. Seriously.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: