Friday, March 27, 2009

Flipping Out

Every once and I while, I take a break from letting you all know what's going on with me, and I indulge in what I fondly refer to as "shameless promotion of a loved one."

Today is one of those days.

My father kills people for a living. Some of you might know that already. Some of you might not. And his latest round of murder and mystery (served with a healthy dose of humor and wit) will be released on March 31st. I highly encourage you to buy a copy.

However, I get it. This is a tough economy. Maybe you are concerned about spending $16.47 plus taxes and shipping on a book by an author you know nothing about. Will you like it? Will it be a wise use of potentially limited resources? Dad gets it too and so he posted the first five chapters on his website. Read them and then go pull out your American Express.

And don't just stop with those 5 chapters. I encourage you to go back and read through some of the other blog posts. They are funny. Entertaining. Clever. Poignant. They are unquestionably well-written and I feel certain that once you read one or two of them, you will absolutely be inclined to buy/read Flipping Out. And for that matter, Rabbit Factory and Bloodthirsty as well.

For the record, I am not the only one out there plugging my dad. There are people with alot more clout, a lot more influence, and a lot more readers promoting Marshall Karp and Flipping Out.

One of them is James Patterson. Maybe you've heard of him. Or read one of his books. Or seen a movie based on one of his books.

Dad and Jim (that's what those who know him call him - Jim) go way back. Not 1962 way back. But back far enough. Back before Jim was a legend. And I highly encourage you to read "The Jim I Knew" to learn how it came to be that a man like James Patterson is out there cheering for my dad.

To say I am proud is an understatement. I am just over the moon. Over the moon.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: