Tuesday, March 03, 2009

4 Days To Go

I think it probably has to do with the whole "I don't haul my cookies to and from Charlotte every day" thing, and so it's been less of an issue this year as opposed to last year or the year before that. But still. I am not a fan of driving in the dark or of the dark in general. So how excited am I that Daylight Savings Time officially starts this Saturday?

I know - there are those of you who hate to spring forward. You bemoan the lost hour (as if that one hour actually means anything) and the crazy amounts of daylight which permeate your dark and shadowy worlds. All I have to say to you is pppbblllllggghhhhh (that's me sticking my tongue out at you)! DST is genius. The most genius thing ever. Longer days. Lots of sunlight (helps for anyone who suffers from seasonal affectation disorder). It's all good.

And I am especially grateful that I won't have to be stumbling through the dark to put my donkey up at night...although come to think of it, we aren't really doing that any more (next post: Disciplining Dixie). But still -

If that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

1 comments:

Linda said...

I LOVE DST! You can BBQ when you get home from work when it is warm out and not have to worry about cooking quickly to get it done by dark!! When it is warm outside you can sit outside longer and relax with a beer. Kids can go bike riding and not have to worry about it getting dark, and yes... the seasonal depression thing is a biggy!!