Saturday, February 07, 2009

Reasons to Love Dolly Parton

This post is inspired by a recent exchange with a friend on FB (apologies to her if she's reading this twice...but it was too good not to share).


So Dollywood. Wow. What a concept. I mean, what made Dolly Parton think she warranted her own theme park? I mean seriously??? Then again - she had the right idea because...ummm yeah...clearly successful. Imagine if all the "stars" who feel entitled to their own reality TV shows (Is it really that complicated Denise Richards?) decided to go the path of Dolly and open their own theme park. I think it would be apocolyptic (Except for Charo. I would just love it if Charo opened up Cuchi Cuchi Land.)

So here's what I am wondering. Is Dolly at Dollywood EVERY day? I mean - wouldn't you just be DEVASTATED if you went to Dollywood and they had to use an actual plastic Dolly for the parade? Or some drag queen version of Dolly? I'd be like: I can't believe I drove 4 freaking hours to Pigeon Forge and no Dolly!

My favorite Dolly quote of all time is "It costs a lot to look this cheap." I couldn't remember the exact wording so I had to Google it. It's shocking- Google "Dolly Parton quotes" and there are multiple hits...who knew she was so quotable? She's also - apparently - quite funny.

Meanwhile, when I was younger, I secretly wanted Dolly and Kenny Rogers to get married.

Lastly, I like "Hard Candy Christmas." Get over it.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: