Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things I

Ok - so the intent is to write a series of posts about some of my favorite things and possibly a post or 2 about some of my not so favorite things. We'll see if I can make it work....the best laid plans usually drift astray and I am somewhere other than home EVERY day this week which means I will be tired and cranky and behind when I do get home. Plus - there's always the Facebook addiction to contend with. Still - I am going to give this a whirl and to start.......BOJANGLES.

Ok - so my favorite thing at Bojangles is not their fried chicken. Or their skinless roasted chicken (which I actually prefer to the fried). It's not the biscuits or their legendary sweet tea (still have not jumped on the sweet tea bandwagon at all and honestly - don't see it happening. Then again, who would have predicted I'd be adding the 2009 NASCAR schedule to my calendar either?). No my favorite thing about Bojangles is their cups. Specifically the large cup.

It's not just Bojangles. I love all large cups. In fact, one of the perks of being such a road warrior is that I am constantly stopping to fill up my car and gas stations - especially nicer ones - often have very good large cups. I think 32 ounces is the perfect size. Sixty four is a bit unwieldy - don't you think?

So what's the obsession with large cups? I love ice in my diet beverage of choice (these days Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper) - preferably at a 3 to 2 ratio. I also love straws. I also love beverages that are portable - room to room, house to car, car to wherever. The Bojangles cup is PERFECT. It's 32 oz. It holds lots of ice. Lots of Coke Zero. It comes with a lid and a straw. And it's plastic - which means it's reusable at least for a week or 2. Yes - I save my cups. Rinse. Wash. Re-use.

And so, while I love me a good chicken biscuit every once in a while - I am willing to brave the drive thru at Bojangles for one of their cups.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: