Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Trip to the Meineke Car Care Bowl

the weather – cold, wet and damp. I was cranky about sitting in the UNC section although for a while I debated about who to cheer for. I mean, I should have rooted for UNC since they’re in my conference (I went to Duke). But then again, this is UNC and I have a hard time cheering them on for anything. Then again, it was West Virginia who unceremoniously knocked us out of the NCAA Tournament last year. In the end, I decided I was rather apathetic about the whole thing and didn’t care either way who won or who lost.

I perked up at halftime – maybe it was the marching bands or the sun trying to poke through the clouds – and by the 3rd quarter I was feeling slightly less edgy. All in all, it was a great game – maybe one of the best Bowl match ups this year – and I was glad I got to be there. And in the end, I was secretly happy that UNC lost.

And if that ain’t country, I’ll kiss your…

0 comments: