Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts

So - I was all set to write about the Stuffing Wars, but apparently, I wrote about it last year.

I was also going to share my cranberry recipe - but apparently I did that last year as well. Does this make me some kind of hack blogger that I am inclined to recycle last year's posts (and speaking of recycling, my efforts to be more green continue - it takes a few extra minutes at the Dump but I feel so much better about my small role in helping the environment. Ditto when I remember to bring my reusable shopping bag to the grocery store.)?

Anyways - back to Thanksgiving. Having covered stuffing and cranberry, I suppose I will share a recipe for a light & fluffy spiced pumpkin pie I came up with last year. Even Marty liked it and he's not a fan of pumpkin pie. Anyways, it's super simple to make for even the most challenged of bakers. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Sarah’s Pumpkin Pie

Adapted from Food & Wine’s Spicy Pumpkin Pie recipe

1 15-oz. can of pumpkin
1 cup dark brown sugar
3 eggs, separated
2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
Pinch salt
Extra ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg
1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
1 pack Pet-Ritz pie crusts

Mix together the pumpkin, sugar, egg yolks, spices, salt and milk.

Whip the egg whites until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture.

Pour into 2 crusts and bake ~ 30 – 35 minutes (until set) at 425.

0 comments: