Sunday, September 28, 2008

There's a Feeling In The Air

There's a Feeling In The Air

Well, there's a feeling in the air
Just like a Friday afternoon.
Yeah, you can go there if you want
Though it fades too soon.

So go on, let it be.
If there's a feeling coming over me,
Seems like it's always understood this time of year.


I don't know why but these lyrics from the Better Than Ezra song This Time of Year keep running through my head but they are.

It's fall - officially of course as of 9/21 but also spiritually and psychologically and emotionally. I don't know if it's the cooler weather or the shorter days or the fact that my poison ivy is finally, finally gone (it only took 1 shot, 6 days of heavy steroids, half a dozen Benadryl and half a bottle of calamine) but it's defniitely fall.

Maybe it's the fact that I wore my first sweater the other day, or jeans for the first time in months. Maybe it's the fact that it's dark by 7:30pm. Or the fact that my cat is getting fat again. I don't know what it is but it's definitely fall.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

1 comments:

Linda said...

Don't you love the Fall? Leaves changing, the crisp air?