Thursday, August 14, 2008

Keeping Me on My Toes

So, it has been awhile since one or more of the goats has escaped.

You would think, that with all of the goats being at least 6 months old (Lucky & her brothers turned 6 months last week, Prisey turned 6 months on Tuesday) they would be too big/old/jaded/uninterested in venturing outside of the pasture.

But today at ~ 5:30pm I heard that once all too familiar cry - the cry that says - something is not right in the world. I pressed my nose up against the door and sure enough there was Buster, running back and forth on the wrong side of the fence.

It was almost easy enough to get him back in. I mean, he wanted to get back in. But as soon as I got to the gate I was swarmed by Lucky & Dixie both of whom seemed more interested in joining Buster on the wrong side of the fence then they were in stepping back from the gate and letting him in.

It took a little head holding and prodding and evenutally I got Buster back where he needed to be. Nothing like a little excitement on a Thursday afternoon.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: