Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Charlotte's Web

Yes - I am alive. But I didn't blog much while on vacation last week and then post-vacation has been the usual hectic craziness and I have so much to actually blog about and pictures to post and what not but just don't quite have the time so please be patient with me...

But -

We have a spider. He/She (I think it's a she so I'll call her Charlotte cause I am feeling oh so original) lives outside our parlor window. She's been there a while and over time she spun a massive web. While normally spiders freak me out, she's on the outside and so I have been more in awe of her than anything as she's quite large actually and rather magnificent.

Anyways, I checked this afternoon and Charlotte and her web were gone. Not surprsing given the intense rain we've had over the last few days. But then a few hours later I caught sight out of the window and there she was - back in her spot, rebuilding her home. Have you ever seen a spider spin a web? It is the coolest thing ever. I wanted to videotape it on my camera but the picture quality through the window wasn't that great and while I am in awe of Charlotte and all, I didn't have the guts to actually go outside and get all close and personal.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: