Saturday, July 05, 2008

Confessions

I have something to confess. I downloaded Better As a Memory Than as Your Man by Kenny Chesney yesterday. I also downloaded As Good As I Once Was by Toby Keith. Those weren't the only 2 songs I downloaded but those are the 2 that I feel conflicted about. Granted - I like/enjoy the songs - otherwise I wouldn't have downloaded them. But I don't really like the singers.

For starters, I've never understood Kenny's immense popularity since I don't think he's that talented. In the realm of country, my cousin Kelly Paris can outsing Kenny every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I also don't understand why women clamor after him - I could never be with a man whose ass was smaller than mine.

As for Toby Keith - he's sort of a guilty pleasure. When I was downloading the song, I was looking at a bunch of other songs on the album (35 Greatest Hits or something like that) and I knew and liked more than a handful. I don't know what this says about me, but I can tell you that it makes me feel conflicted. Even moreso than my newfound love of NASCAR.

Oh yeah - you know what I am watching tonight.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: