Monday, June 23, 2008

Look How Far We've Come

So we're not quite halfway through the year - but we're pretty darn close and I wanted to take a minute to reflect on my first post of the year when I wrote about the never-ending list of things to do around the house.

169 days later, here's what we've accomplished:

* Both buildings have been completely cleaned out. The larger side is now officially a garage and the smaller side is storage (which still needs to be organized but at least all of the stff in there we want or need).

* The buildings also have power which means....electronic garage door opener. I've never had one before - it's truly exciting.

* We have power and water at the barn.

* All of our window treatments are complete pending one topper for the living room.

* Only 1 or 2 lighting fixtures left to change out.

* The deck has been built.

* Landscaping in the front of the house including mulch beds and some tree trimming.

These are all seriously huge accomplishments. Still on the list is the purple bathroom (we're getting to it, I promise) and we're making some changes to the living room (new paint, new floors) but I expect both of these projects to be completed sooner rather than later.

All in all, I am so happy with the progress.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: