Saturday, May 17, 2008

No Longer a NASCAR Neophyte

I watched TWO races tonight kids - two. I watched the 40-lap Showdown and the 100-lap All-Star. From roughly 7:45pm until 11:15 I was glued to SPD. I watched Allmendinger knock out Elliott Sadler and ultimately win the Showdown and then I settled in for the All-Star.

Kyle Busch and his M&M car had a strong lead until his engine blew (still - don't understand exactly why). Then there were numerous lead changes and I was pulling for my boy Jimmie Johnson to win but ultimately, I couldn't be disappointed about Kasey Kahne's victory. Who wouldn't love the fan favorite riding into victory lane?

I'll be at the (horse) track next week when the Coca Cola 600 runs, but I can assure you - there's more NASCAR in my future and I am already contemplating tickets to the infield for the Bank of America 500 in October.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

2 comments:

Shelly Overlook said...

Woo hoo - another convert! JJ and Kasey Kahne are my two fave drivers so I was happy last night.

Linda said...

Still can't get into Nascar. All they do is drive around in circles. Now....on the other hand, I LOVE drag Racing!!