Sunday, May 04, 2008

It Was 2 Years Ago Today

It was 2 years ago today
That Marty and I left NJ
Though packing took us quite a while
We eventually passed the miles
Rollin' on in our U-Haul
We made our way to the South
And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...


Ok. So for some reason - as I began to write this post, I had the tune to Sgt. Pepper in my head so I had to jot down the above to quiet the singing voices in my head. Apologies - I go on blogging hiatus and come back with mediocre, self-indulgent rhymes.

Anyways, 2 years ago today, Marty and I said goodbye to Hoboken and began the 646.72 mile trek to Lincolnton, NC. We had been out late the night before - first celebrating the publication of my dad's first novel - then saying goodbye to friends and neighbors. We got a bit of a late start leaving because we had way more stuff to pack up than we had anticipated. It was a good thing we had rented a U-Haul and not simply a large SUV as Marty had originally wanted.

Anyways, there were actually 3 of us because Kelly Keeling was in town working with Marty on the End of Ride album. However there were only 2 seats in the U-Haul so I found myself propped on some pillows and swaddled in our comforter seated on the floor between them as we rolled on our way to the Southland.

We stopped that first night in Virginia and visited with Erica and the boys (Daryl was in the desert) and then Friday, May 5th, we pulled into town and neither we nor Lincolnton have been the same since.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: