Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Debating NASCAR

So I am contemplating watching the race on Saturday night. I feel like I have had enough nibbles to commit to a full meal and actually, as it turns out, Saturday night is the All-Star race which is only 100 laps (versus the usual 400 laps) which means I might could get through it all.

If all goes well, I might even watch the Coca-Cola 600 next week. Who knows, I might even drive up there and scalp a ticket.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

2 comments:

Shelly Overlook said...

I never understood the draw of NASCAR. Bunch of cars driving around in a circle - big woo. A few years ago we were watching tv and I had a cat curled up on my lap. My husband left the house and also left the remote across the room from me. I didn't want to disturb the cat so I watched the rest of whatever we were watching, which eventually turned into a NASCAR race. I was also reading so I was only sort of paying attention until I found myself glancing up more often. A driver did a really cool move that ended up winning him the race and I decided then I'd root for him (not knowing a thing about him). From that point on I'd watch races here and there when I could until my husband finally made me admit I liked NASCAR. It was hard to do ( my family still makes fun of me) b/c of the redneck stigma, but I have to say I'm a diehard fan now. Just not a redneck one.

Country Girl said...

Thank you for sharing this. It makes me feel so much better about the path I am heading down.