Friday, April 04, 2008

Like...Um...Who Cares?

Ok - Lots on my mind and lots I want to write about but have to let Dixie out and then get to work so a proper post will have to wait for another time...

BUT....

I could NOT let this one go....

Have Today on in the background and catch an earful early this a.m. about a big musical reunion, right there, live on the Today Show stage.

Ninety minutes later I still have Today on and catch Meredith with the actual big announcement. The band that's reuniting after 15 years? The band I can't wait to see? The reunion I thought would never be?

New Kids on the Block.

Wait - it can't be 15 years. Weren't NKOTB around in the 80s? Like I care. I never listened to them when they were big.

My point is, that suddenly the announcement that Kathie Lee has been taken out of the closet, dusted off, plumped, stretched and pulled to add a dash of star power to the pitiful fourth hour of this never ending show, doesn't seem quite so frightening.

And if that ain't like so totally retro, I'll like so totally kiss your...

1 comments:

Linda said...

New Kids on the Block - BLECH! Let's see something good for a change!!