Sunday, March 23, 2008

One-Dimensional, 4 Legs

It's official. My life is pretty pitiful. There is not much for me to write about besides the goats. I lay in bed yesterday morning mulling on the subject and could come up with nothing. My life is about the house, my animals and my job - in no particular order.

And so, while I'd like to write about something else like a fabulous new county kitchen I discovered or anything having to do with small town life, I can't. Instead, I will let you know that both Peanut and I continue to make progress.

As far as I am concerned, I have managed to stay disciplined and clinical about Ann-Margaret and the boys being kept up in a stall for 2 weeks. We are on Day 6 of a 14 day treatment. Not even halfway there. Ann-Margaret of course hollers her head off most of the day. I've been letting her out for about an hour each afternoon to graze which sends the boys into hysterics and then they holler for most of the hour that she's gone. Still - Marty is inclined to let them out early because he hates the idea of them being locked up while I am sticking to my guns on this and following Dr. Mary's advice (OK - I met let them out on Day 12...after all, it is spring and gorgeous and they are young...).

Meanwhile, I don't think we will have to amputate Peanut's leg. The baby aspirin is working wonders. I've been giving it to him since Wednesday night and he's definitely using his back leg again - standing on it, running on it - all of which are good. Although Marty pointed out, if he's supposed to be using his leg to prevent atrophy, why is he being forced to be locked up? Good question and my answer was that he needs to use his leg, but he also needs to rest it and not walk too long, too far or be in the line of fire of one of Dixie's errant kicks. And this morning, although I still had to chase Peanut around the stall in order to grab him to give him his aspirin, he didn't holler. At all. I think that's progress.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

3 comments:

Uncle H said...

Is "my life is pretty pitiful" in any way a reaction to WVU beating Duke?

Country Girl said...

No - that would be "my life is pretty depressing." Not to mention my shot at winning the pool are slim seeing as I had Duke going all the way baby...

Anonymous said...

Oh...I think you have a pretty exciting life. You took the city out of yourself (although a lot is left in there), your happy, and you have a loving husband. You have 7 wonderful goats, and 1 lovely donkey. Your life isn't pitiful, it is what you make of it, and the main thing is your happy!! Keep writing about them goats!! Love hearing about them!!