Saturday, March 08, 2008

Daylight Savings Begins Tonight!

How excited am I? DST begins tonight! Not that it's as big a deal this year. I am no longer driving home from Charlotte every day but still - lighter out later is always a good thing.

In other news...hard to believe but it's been 4-1/2 weeks since Lucky, Peanut and Buster were born, and over 4 weeks since we brought Lucky into the house. Assuming we wait a full 8 weeks to wean her (which is what we're leaning towards), we're halfway there. She continues to do well in the house as well as out in the pasture with the other goats and Dixie. In fact, today we left her on her own with the other animals for over an hour - by far her longest stretch sans mama to date and she did awesome.

Also, I can't believe it, but Marty and I finally, finally, finally finished cleaning out the storage building today. I confess, I thought we'd never get it done. But we did. We celebrated with a late (3:45pm) lunch of homemade gumbo and a bottle of shiraz. Yum.

Curled up with my little Lucky, watching Innerspace on cable, munching on a Girl Scout cookie and in general loving life.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: