Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Why I am Loving Life

Ok - so it's a little after 6 and even though the sun has officially set it's still a little light out - light enough that I can look out my window and see my little donkey grazing in the pasture along with Elvis, Ann-Margaret and Nugget. I suppose it helps that I am no longer schlepping back and forth to Charlotte every day and any driving I do in the dark is typically local and typically by choice. But still - it's a sign that the days are getting longer and spring is around the corner and that makes me happy because this cold weather is killing me.

Yes, the girl who spent all summer complaining about how mind achingly, insanity-provoking hot it was, is now fed up with frigidly cold mornings and having to chip a 1-inch thick layer of ice off the water troughs. I am tired of bundling up every time I want to go out to the pasture - fleece, hat, gloves, socks. I am tired of lugging my coat everywhere. The luster has faded from my cashmere sweaters and boots - I am ready for sun dresses and sandals.

Still I am loving life because I know it's all that much closer.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: