Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lessons Learned

Sorry for the delay in posting but I learned 2 very important lessons after Saturday's post:

1) Never try to delurk or quasi delurk on a Saturday. Not everyone is glued to their computer like me and so I am sure I may have had a slightly higher hit rate had I done it on a weekday. In fact, one of the reasons I have delayed in posting since then is that I wanted to leave my last post at the top of the page for a few extra days to see if I could draw out any more comments (I got 1 so it was worth it...)

2) I realize I need to be a more frequent blogger if I want to get people that engaged. Most of my friends and family know the frequency with which I blog and hence only check the site once or twice a week. I think I go through phases with blogging: some weeks (or months) are busier than others. Anyone remember August 2007? Confession: work was very, very slow and so I'd write 4 or 5 posts during the day and then spread them out throughout the week. I don't have that luxury now but I am hoping after I take my Series 65 on Feb 5th my life goes back to quasi normal and I can post comfortably 3 - 4 times a week (I think setting reasonable goals is wise - there is no way I will be a 7xer).

So dear readers, I appreciate your patience with me. I appreciate your support. I appreciate all of you who took a moment to chime in on the "might could" debate. I hope you find reason to keep commenting as it lets me know I am doing something right with this blog.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

2 comments:

Alison said...

Keep it up. Some of us still stop by from time to time.

And, not to worry! You're better at keeping up with the blogging than I am. But, perhaps I just lead a much more boring life, too.

And, there! You have a comment already. How's that?

rudecactus said...

Don't worry about it. I'll be around ;)