Monday, December 31, 2007

A Look Back at 2007

So, I was going to write a reflective post - looking back on the year, changes, what I've learned, how life is different, etc. - but, frankly, I am not in the mood to be quite so contemplative. So, rather, I am going to look back at some of my favorite moments of 2007. Here they are in no particular order.

Mom and dad make their first visit in January.

I have my first (and henceforth only) Northbrook Tornado.

I hit my 100th post.

I finally write about salads. Consider it a follow-up to an earlier post in 2006 on vegetables.

I discover the wondrous joys of Bojangles.

I finally see Zipper's by day.

I hit the rapids with friends for my birthday.

Nugget greets the world.

We rediscover what's so great about America's favorite past time.

We survive Elvis's craziness.

I get my 15 minutes. And so does Marty.

I spend a day in the country harvesting tomatoes for the needy.

For about 30 minutes on Veteran's Day, the lead photo on Yahoo's home page is not Lindsay or Britney or Paris. It's my Uncle Icky and I couldn't be prouder.

Dixie Mae finally comes home.

It's been a wonderful year for us, full of so many blessings, and I feel truly, truly lucky.

May 2008 bring everyone much happiness and hope and love.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: