Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tales from the Archives: September 11th

I thought long and hard about what to post today. In the end, I decided to share an essay I wrote in the days following the attacks on September 11th, 2001. It's a little long for a blog, so click here to read in full.

Since the post is so long and since I couldn't figure out how to create an expandandable post (despite my best efforts), I am hosting the text on a temporary "mirror blog" until I can figure out another solution.


Additionally, click here to listen to Tears of Heaven, a song inspired by the events of that day. I hope it inspires you too.

God Bless America.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love Tears of Heaven. I listen to it all the time. I love the whole album. I am so sorry tht you experienced this, Sarah. I remember that day, I had just gone back to work after maternity leave, and I was so scared. For me, for my babies. I didn't want to remain at work. I am in the military and things were so weird there, I work at the airport and that was weird also. Be strong.

Country Girl said...

Thanks Linda...