Monday, September 10, 2007

Good News, Bad News & Frankly I’m Not Sure

We’ll start with the bad news: I saw on the news this morning that it’s been 90° or hotter for 40 of the last 42 days. The 2-day respite we had was Labor Day weekend when I was in Texas where it was…you guessed it…over 90°. I am tired of the heat. It’s making me cranky. I am ready for fall. Boots. Sweaters. Coats. Fireplaces. French Onion Soup. All of it.

Now for the good news. While Elvis is still a testosterone-feuled pain in the ass (and we can’t castrate him yet because…you guessed it…it’s too damned hot), at least he’s learned that if he’s acting aggressively towards Nugget (and I hope that’s all he’s doing) and Ann-Margaret starts crying at the top of her lungs and I come out of the house and walk towards the pasture (as I did at 5:55am this morning in my robe and slippers) that he best stop what he’s doing and run towards the barn because otherwise he’s going to get pelted with rocks. I mean – at least I don’t have to venture out into the pasture and beat him off with a stick (which is what I used to have to do).

Lastly, you all know I love Carrie Underwood – she’s one of the reasons I got into country music in the first place. And I am excited about her new album coming out some time in October. However, I am not a fan of her new single, So Small, which is apparently breaking all kinds of download records and popularity contests on iTunes. I just don’t know what to think because usually you release your biggest hit as the first single and if this is the biggest hit – well, let’s just say I am concerned.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst and in general wishing Carrie Underwood would eat some BBQ – the girl’s starting to look skinnier than those African children she was singing for this spring.

And if that ain’t country, I’ll kiss your…

1 comments:

Linda said...

Come on over to St Louis. Right now it's in the 60's, looking for a high in the upper 70's.