Sunday, September 02, 2007

Election Rejection

So as it turns out, I can not vote in the upcoming mayoral election for Lincolnton.

Who knew that Lincolnton was a completely Democratic town? Certainly not me, otherwise I would have registered as Unaffiliated rather than a Republican (pause here while all NYC relatives and friends gasp in horror).

You see, our 3 candidates for Mayor are Democrats. The primary is on September 11th and the date has passed when I could have changed my registration from Republican to Unaffiliated or Democrat. So I can not vote in the primary and whoever wins the primary is running uncontested.

I am particularly bummed out because after the last election, I realized that it's at the local level that my vote truly counts.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: