Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School Days

Ok – so whoever heard of school starting BEFORE Labor Day, but it apparently it does – at least in North Carolina anyways. And yesterday was the first day which means school buses are back on the road, school zone speed limits are in effect, traffic volumes are that much higher and in general my commute is longer/more stressful.

PLUS – we are now more than 2 months beyond the longest day of the year which means that days are getting shorter and pretty soon, I’ll be driving home in the dark and you all know how I feel about that.

Even with the added bonus of 4 extra weeks of daylight savings time (1 week in the fall and 3 in the spring) I am still looking at 125 days of driving in the dark and it’s freaking me out.

And if that ain’t country, I’ll kiss your…

1 comments:

Linda said...

My kids went back to school on August 15!!!!!!!!!!