Saturday, July 14, 2007

In Case You Were Concerned (And an Apology to Wal-Mart)

So - as it turns out, we were wrong about Wal-Mart and possibly why it was mysteriously Harry Potter free a few weeks ago. I was pleased to see when I was there this morning that our little, local, Lincolnton Wal-Mart will be selling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at 12:01am Saturday, July 21st. Who knows if this is simply a corporate mandate with no regard for local religious proclivities or if my original theory that Wal-Mart was simply promoting the then-current summer franchises - Pirates of the Carribbean, Spider Man, Transformers - and waiting for a complete Harry Potter onslaught closer to the release date of the movie/book was right. Either way, Harry Potter's coming to Lincolnton!


And, in case you were concerned that because I drive a pick-up, listen to country music, and own livestock (and thinking about buying more) means I've gone totally country...well, have no fear. I still have my moments. Like this morning, when a giant green bug - think a grasshopper on steroids or a giant green Palmetto bug - crawled onto my windshield when I was pulling into the driveway and scared the shit out of me. It kept crawling all over the truck and I panicked and had to literally call Marty to come out of the house to rescue me because I was trapped I was so scared.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: