Sunday, May 20, 2007

Breakfast at a Biker Bar

So the other week, after Marty got saddled with a cast on his broken arm, I treated him to breakfast at Zipper's. That's right, the biker bar home to some of Lincoln County's finest karaoke .

But it's also a full-service restaurant and while I wouldn't go there for Valentine's Day, it is the sort of place to go for a greasy spoon, country style breakfast. In fact it struck me, that after a night out at Zipper's, the answer to what ails you might just be breakfast there the next morning.

The food was actually very good. I had a simple breakfast sandwich - sausage, egg and cheese on grilld sourdough toast. I think I ordered it as much for the fact that they had sourdough bread as anything else (though I note that this was a special and not a regular menu item).

Marty had a ham and cheese omelette that was big enough for two. At Zipper's, the choice of breakfast side is grits and the toast is white and buttered.

And because it was 11am on a Friday, there were a couple of guys at the bar drinking a beer.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...