Saturday, April 21, 2007

Celebrating 100 Posts!!!

Ok - so it's been a week since I last wrote and I said I wasn't going to do that any more. But if I had written sooner as I intended, it would have been nothing more than a minute by minute, hour by hour update on the progress of Baby Nugs and the goat integration.

Plus, this is my 100th post and I wanted it to be something really special. Had I been a bit more forward thinking, I would have used it write my long overdue post on salads , but unfortunately, only hindsight is 20-20.

So after much consideration, I've decided to write about a whole lot of little things and bring you all up to speed.

The Goats

The goats are doing well. Nugget runs and jumps and plays and frolics and she even escaped the other day (she's not much bigger than Tony who slips in and out of the fence all the time). We hadn't thought it would be an issue because we figured she wouldn't stray from her mother, but apparently Baby Nugs has a bit of an independent streak! Still, I am happy that all is well and it's probably a matter of weeks before we add some more goats to the herd.

Carrie Underwood

It's official. I've gone totally country or totally mainstream America or both. I love the Carrie Underwood CD. All of it. Country music is like a drug. It's so catchy. So easy to sing. It's full of hooks. It only took about 2 or 3 times listening before I could pretty much sing along with all of the songs front to back. I like it so much, I'm even considering downloading the new Martina McBride album - or possibly some Toby Keith - to see what all the fuss is about.

Farmer's Market

I went to the Lincoln County Farmer's Market this morning. It wasn't nearly the same as the one in Carrboro - there were only a few vendors and they were mainly selling plants and flowers and frankly, despite my best efforts, my chive plant is looking a little limp these days so I am not yet ready to take on any more gardening responsibilities just yet. I did buy some wonderful looking green onions (10 for a dollar - what I'll do with 10 green onions is beyond me) and some beautiful asparagus from Hoffman Farms, but sadly there was no goat cheese. Although I found out the goat cheese I love is Celebrity Farms and I picked up 2 large hunks when I was in Chapel Hill last week and have since been gorging myself silly on the stuff. Hoffman Farms also sells 2-year old asparagus roots - it was tempting. Buy some roots and fertilizer from the expert and grow my own asparagus. She made it sound soooooooo easy too. But as I said, until my chive plant improves, I am holding off an all other gardening endeavors.

Tony

So I am walking down Lexington Avenue the other day when Marty calls to casually mention that Tony got into a fight of sorts and has a gash on his nose. We have no idea how or what he fought with - although the shape of the wound would indicate he got pecked by a bird. Maybe a chicken. Living proof that Tony is a total country cat! Just like his mama!

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: