Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Call to Step It Up...and Thoughts on What to Name the Baby

Ok - I just discovered that I have more non-friend and relative readers which means I have to step up my postings. My goal is 2 - 3 a week, including at least one that doesn't have to do with the goats. I guess that means I have to finish that long overdue post on salads...

Now...

Dr. Mary came out to examine Ann-Margaret yesterday. I wasn't there for the examination but she seems to think Ann-Margaret is carrying 1 kid. It's the size of a grapefruit and she could feel the skeletal structure.

Dr. Mary said both goats seem exceptionally healthy which is a refrshing piece of news given all of our previous health struggles.

She estimated delivery in about 4 weeks - which means I can stop watching Ann-Margaret obsessively. She also gave us some physical signs to look for (I'll spare you the de-teat-ails) that will indicate the baby is on the way.

As for the baby name, Marty & I have always named our pets after classical composers, but we strayed off track just a bit with Elvis (who was singing non-stop from the moment we got him) and Ann-Margaret (which seemed like an appropriate name for his saucy companion although I realized after the fact I spelled it wrong).

I have never seen an Elvis movie and my Ann-Margaret viewings are limited to later classics like Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, and Santa Clause 3 (yes - I saw it. Paid actually to see it in the theater!). I certainly never saw Viva Las Vegas which I believe was the one flick they starred in together.

So I open it up to you, my few but faithful readers, to suggest what the offspring of Elvis and Ann-Margaret should be named. No guarantees we'll pick from the public comments, but if we do, and you're the lucky winner, a bucket of Prices is on me!

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my 2 cents worth...

Girl goat
Clara (Schumann's wife, a classical pianist in her own right)


Boy goat
Freddie (Chopin or Handel)
Dimitri (Shostakovich)

Do I get a cookie?

I'll try and keep your boy out of trouble this weekend.

- R

Uncle H said...

Since this is Ann-Margaret's {sic} kid, I think you have to go with a Swedish composer.

If it's a boy: Hugo (after Hugo Alfvén)

If it's a girl: Anna (after Alfvén's 3rd wife)

- Uncle H