Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Roadkill in the Driveway

Ok - given the subject, I'll keep it brief. But in a true "If That Ain't Country" moment, I went to pull out of the driveway yesterday morning only to discover roadkill blocking my path.

Roadkill down here is common. In fact -it's almost grossly prevalent. I unfortunately see it everywhere. Dogs. Cats. Deer. Racoons. Squirrels. Occasionally a skunk. It's pretty nasty. And I've always wondered about that poor schlub who winds up with a rotting/splattered animal corpse along his driveway/yard/trailer. Do they remove it? Call someone to remove it? Do they even care?

Well - yesterday, I was said poor schlulb. And I cared.

I confess - when I saw the dead animal on the road, I hoped it was Pepe Le Pew (who has still been hanging around our property trying his darndest (and unsuccessfully I might add) to get into our new, locked-lid garbage can.). Alas it wasn't.

I guess I haven't spent enough time down here to truly develop my dead-rodent-identifying skills although Marty (who eventually disapposed of the creature) said it was a possum.

Whatever it was, it was roadkill in the driveway.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: