Monday, October 09, 2006

More on Bojangles


If you may recall, a few weeks ago I wrote that little Lincolnton would soon be home to the world's largest Bojangles.

So as it turns out, we may just need the world's largest Bojangles!

I have never been to Bojangles, but the other Sunday, I stopped by Bojangles to pick up a chicken biscuit for Big Mama (a.k.a. Marty's grandma) because she loves them and can't get out to get them herself. The parking lot was full and people were parking at the elementary school next door and walking over. The drive thru line must have had 20 cars. I had neither the time nor the patience to wait. As I drove around, I noticed every seat in the joint was packed. A typical post-church Sunday lunch in Lincolnton.

No wonder we are getting the world's largest Bojangles.

This past weekend, Marty and I drove to Southern States (farm supply) in Cherryville to pick up some items for the goats. En route, we passed a McDonald's that looked as crowded as Grammercy Tavern on a Saturday night. It's a good thing Marty was craving a Bojangles chicken biscuit and not a Big Mac. We found a Bojangles Express attached to a Shell station right across the street from Mc'Ds and pulled up. Of course, Marty overshot the menu (and the little box where you order) so we found ourselves face to face with a human at the pick up window.

Marty asked me what I wanted.

I don't know, I said. What are my choices?

Apparently, asking what to order at Bojangles is like asking what to order at KFC. You order fried chicken. So Marty wound up with his chicken biscuit and I wound up with 3-piece dinner with slaw, mac & cheese and a biscuit.

The chicken was good. Certainly better than I could have made.

Anyways, I have now experienced Bojangles firsthand and look forward to the arrival of the world's largest Bojangles in my town.

And in then interim, I welcome the arrival of Waffle House which has all of Lincolnton a-buzzin'.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your....

0 comments: