Monday, September 04, 2006

ADDENDUM: Signs of the Apocalypse (or Just a Really Great Bargain?)

It should be noted that as soon as I finished my previous post on Saturday morning, I got right into the pick up and drove to Wal-Mart. I got my breakfast bars. My paper towels. I picked up some hand soap for the kitchen. And some laundry detergent. And then I stood in the women's apparel section for a good ten minutes eyeing the Mark Eisen suit.

I finally caved and tried it on - in both the light lavendar and the dark lavendar. There were different size skirts to contend with and the fact that I was wearing an aqua colored t-shirt (which did not match at all). Stiil, t-shirt aside, I must have known I was going to try the outfit on because I had my 2-tone purple Prada Mary Janes (which I picked up at Century 21 years ago and which I never would have purchased had they not been Prada - further proof that I am somewhat of a label whore)in my bag.

In the end. I decided to make the purchase (which I would note to my darling husband was most definitely NOT an impulse buy).

And while when you buy a Karoo sweater dress at Neiman's I am sure they wrap it in tissue or hang it in a garment bag, the woman who checked me out at Wal-Mart did her best to simply fold the suit neatly and slide it into a plastic shopping bag.

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

ps The outfit is still tags on, hanging in my closet, waiting for further evaluation and consideration...

1 comments:

Fairy God Sister said...

OH MY GOD -- YOU ARE SO ON THE CUTTING EDGE OF FASHION!!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT GUY TREABY (!!!!!) WROTE A HUGE ARTICLE ON WALMART CLOTHING SHOPPING IN THE STYLES SECTION . . . . .