Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Study in Duality

My life has truly become a study in duality. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms meets Wall Street.

At 6:15am - the sun's not even up yet - and Elvis and Ann-Margaret are at the fence waiting to be fed (hmmm....I thought I had a whole pasture out there to graze on).

By 6:30am - showered but not dressed or maquiallaged - I am en route to the pasture, bucket of clean water in one hand, scoop of chow in the other (and these days a syringe full of cherry flavored antibiotics). All that's missing are the overalls.

But I quickly morph from farmhand to excutive and it does not take long to slip into my shift and faux-Chanel jacket, slide on my Coach stilettos and drive to the city where I think about ways to raise millions of dollars.

I feel bad that I have not been writing as much recently. In all honesty, these posts have fallen off for a few reasons. One is that I am simply so busy. Between 10 hour days at the office plus 2 hours commuting I have little time when I get home to do much else other than unwind.

Second, as I live here longer and acclimate more, these wacky city girl meets country girl experiences seems to occur less frequently. Short of the continued goat drama (which I know gets tiresome to many of you), life has become more and more normal.

So while I have certainly not run out of things to say (for example, why every salad down here is covered in shredded in cheddar) it will just take more time.

Your patience with me is extremely appreciated.

Stay tuned...And y'all come back now, ya hear?

0 comments: