Friday, July 07, 2006

Welcome to If That Ain't Country I'll Kiss Your....(I've kept it G-rated just in case...)

Also known as Experiments in Country Living.

This is after suggestions from so many of you to turn my sporadic email updates into something a little bit more structured.

So I finally succumbed and registered with Blogger this morning.

What happens when you take a born and bred NYC shopaholic and deposit her in rural North Carolina on a farm with a herd of goats?

Find out.

Look for posts on farm life, the joys of living in a small town, what it's like to drive a pick-up, country music, and and plenty of news on the goats.

I am starting with current posts but will periodically post archived items (everyone's favorite iced coffee saga - and yes, it was a saga) and previously unpublished musings on everything from Lowes to what really makes a salad in NC.

In the words of David Allen Coe:

THERE WAS FIFTY HOLES IN AN OLD TIN ROOF
ME AND MY FAMILY WE WAS LIVING' PROOF
THE PEOPLE WHO FORGOT ABOUT POOR WHITE TRASH
AND IF THAT AIN'T COUNTRY, I'LL KISS YOUR ASS

And if that ain't country, I'll kiss your...

0 comments: